Getting a robotic cleaner for your home is the best choice to keep your house safe and clean during this pandemic. Many models are available in the market, but most people face the dilemma of the better choice between Roomba 981 and i7.
This article focuses on iRobot Roomba 981 vs. iRobot Roomba i7. In the following sections of this article, various aspects of both cleaners will be reviewed and described elaborately, ultimately helping you make an informed decision.
iRobot Roomba 981 is one of the most modernized robotic cleaners. It comes with different features that make it easy to be used by anyone. It has a built-in smart system that allows the cleaner to learn about your cleaning times and can therefore prepare a cleaning schedule on its own.
The advanced navigation system and the enhanced suction power make sure that your space is cleaned to perfection.
iRobot Roomba 981 Features and Specs
- The advanced design makes the cleaner’s suction power as much as 10x times higher than the normal conventional cleaners. The motors can automatically boost their suction to clean dirt trapped in the carpets.
- The built-in smart system allows it to map your house’s entire level, and the advanced navigation prevents it from slamming into walls and furniture. The cleaner does not stop until it has cleaned up all the space of your home.
- The cleaner is equipped with advanced multi-surface brushes that can flex and adjust their position depending on the surface they are cleaning. This comes in very handy for cleaning surfaces with pet hairs.
- The smart system allows the cleaner to memorize and plan your cleaning schedule. Also, the device can be paired with Google Assistant or Alexa to operate on your voice commands.
- The advanced dirt detectors make sure that the cleaner has sucked in all the dust. The smart system allows the cleaner to automatically power up when the battery is low and continue cleaning from its last position.
iRobot Roomba 981 Pros and Cons
This is one of the latest models when it comes to automatic cleaners. The iRobot Roomba i7 has a 3- stage cleaning feature and is also equipped with dual brushes to clean out the dirt from difficult surfaces.
It also has a smart mapping feature that makes sure that the whole house is completely cleaned. It can be connected to Wi-Fi with your android phone through an app that allows you to control and monitor the cleaner’s activities remotely.
iRobot Roomba i7 Features and Specs
- The iRobot Roomba i7 features an innovative 3-stage cleaning process, and the advanced systems offer as much as 10x times more suction power for cleaning difficult surfaces.
- This cleaner features a vSLAM navigation system that allows the cleaner to map the cleaning space and use it to navigate and clean the whole house. This reduces any accidental damages and also ensures complete cleaning of the living space.
- The cleaner can be connected to your virtual assistants on the smartphone. It allows you to command the cleaner to clean up the mess as soon as it happens without you having to get up from where you are.
- The smart mapping feature also has an added advantage of allowing you to select specific areas of your room or house that you want the cleaner to stay away from as they might be sensitive places.
- The cleaner also has dual brushes that can adjust depending on the type of surface you are cleaning. This feature allows it to suck the dirt more efficiently, especially if there are pet hairs all over.
iRobot Roomba i7 Pros and Cons
Difference Between iRobot Roomba 981 and iRobot Roomba i7?
The main difference between iRobot Roomba 981 vs. iRobot Roomba i7 is the hardware and software aspects.
The Roomba 981 has a bigger dust bag so it can clean for a longer period.
However, the Roomba i7 comes with very advanced and improved navigation and a 3-stage cleaning system, which makes it more efficient in its work.
Which is Better, iRobot Roomba 981 or iRobot Roomba i7?
If everything is considered, then the only aspect where the iRobot Roomba 981 beats the i7 is with its larger dust bin, so it needs to be cleaned less often.
However, if you want to judge based on ease of use and efficiency, then the iRobot Roomba i7 is better.